The Happy Conference Grab Bag
Five encouraging things to bring away from any writers' conference:
1. A great pitch appointment that yields a request for a few chapters or even a whole manuscript.
2. An enticing seminar that helps you look at a manuscript in a fresh, new way.
3. Meeting another writer that can either be a new mentor or someone who you could mentor and help on their way.
4. Time with old friends you rarely get a chance to see.
5. Strong placings in a competitive contest that show you are on the right track.
I was very blessed to have come away with all of these things from last week’s OWFI Conference in Oklahoma City. Maybe next year, I’ll see you there.